Become a Helpline Volunteer
We are looking for women to staff the helpline on overnight shifts (7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., seven days a week) and weekend shifts (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays). There are two helpline volunteers on each shift and a back-up RCC staff person on call at all times.
These opportunities are currently limited to volunteers who identify as female. If you are male and have interest/experience in client services, please email [email protected] directly.
Training and Evaluation
- Five training sessions
- Two observation shifts
- Two to three volunteer meetings per year
- Check-ins with on-call advocate each shift, and with direct supervisor as needed
- General understanding of, or interest in learning about, sexual assault issues
- Ability to respond to callers in a supportive manner
Duties & Responsibilities
- One-year commitment
- Staff 20 helpline shifts per year
- Follow all RCC guidelines, policies and procedures for the helpline as well as those outlined in the volunteer handbook
Summer 2019 Helpline Training Dates (all dates are required)
- Mon. June 3, 5:30-9:00pm
- Wed. June 5, 5:30-9:00pm
- Mon. June 10, 5:30-9:00pm
- Wed. June 12, 5:30-9:00pm
- Sat. June 15, 9:00am-5:00pm
Please be sure to read the above description before filling out this application. Once your application has been submitted, RCC staff will get in touch with you regarding an interview.