Become a Helpline Volunteer
to “We are looking for volunteers to staff the helpline on overnight shifts (7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., seven days a week) and weekend shifts (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays). There is one volunteer on each shift and a back-up RCC staff person on call at all times.”
Training and Evaluation
- Five training sessions
- Two observation shifts
- Two to three volunteer meetings per year
- Check-ins with on-call advocate each shift, and with direct supervisor as needed
Upcoming Training Dates
Our next training will take place over Zoom in September:
September 21st 5:30-9:00pm
September 23rd 5:30-9:00pm
September 28th 5:30-9:00pm
September 30th 5:30-9:00pm
October 2nd 5:30-9:00pm
We require all new volunteers to attend every session.
- General understanding of, or interest in learning about, sexual assault issues
- Ability to respond to callers in a supportive manner
Duties & Responsibilities
- One-year commitment
- Staff 20 helpline shifts per year
- Follow all RCC guidelines, policies and procedures for the helpline as well as those outlined in the volunteer handbook
Due to COVID-19, June 2020 Helpline Training has been cancelled. We are currently planning to hold our next training in Fall 2020. Please fill out an application and you will be added to our contact list once the Fall training dates are established.
Please be sure to read the above description before filling out this application. Once your application has been submitted, RCC staff will get in touch with you regarding an interview.