Become a Helpline Volunteer
Training and Evaluation
- Five training sessions
- Two observation shifts
- Two to three volunteer meetings per year
- Check-ins with on-call advocate each shift, and with direct supervisor as needed
- General understanding of, or interest in learning about, sexual assault issues
- Ability to respond to callers in a supportive manner
Duties & Responsibilities
- One-year commitment
- Staff 20 helpline shifts per year
- Follow all RCC guidelines, policies and procedures for the helpline as well as those outlined in the volunteer handbook
Spring 2020 Helpline Training has been CANCELLED. We are currently planning to hold our next training in June.
Please be sure to read the above description before filling out this application. Once your application has been submitted, RCC staff will get in touch with you regarding an interview.