Supervised by: Executive Director
Benefits: Generous paid time off policy, health insurance, dental insurance, flexible spending account, short-term disability policy, life insurance, 401(k)
The main function of the Operations Manager (OM) is to help increase the efficiency and maintenance of the office through a variety of strategic, detail-oriented, pro-active functions that require commitment to the agency’s services and functionality. The OM also supports the functions of the Executive Director (ED). While reporting directly to the ED, the OM works directly with all departments. All RCC employees must be committed to providing services with and to a variety of cultures with cultural awareness, sensitivity and humility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain IT system and provide internal support.
- Answer business phones and greet clients using trauma-informed practices.
- Manage the daily functions of the office: word processing, copying/scanning, filing, process incoming and outgoing mail including special project mailings; order office supplies as needed to maintain a sufficient stock.
- Maintain office equipment; computers, printers, telephones, copy machine etc. by conducting simple repairs or contacting the appropriate service.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the agency’s website.
- Maintain staff and board of directors contact lists.
- Serve as agency liaison to building management for maintenance and repair in office suite.
- Make travel arrangements for staff as needed.
- Other general office related duties as assigned.
Human Resources and Accounting Administrative Assistance
- Assist ED with HR functions and work in partnership with outsourced HR Advisor.
- Maintain electronic timesheet system.
- Oversee applicant process during staff hirings, including Affirmative Action procedures and contract compliance around hiring and scheduling interviews.
- Maintain employee payroll data on iSolved software.
- Liaise with outsourced Accountant as necessary.
- Assist Accountant with monthly/quarterly grant reports and annual audit preparation.
- Review agency bank statement.
- Process all incoming invoices.
- Record cash receipts and enter relevant data.
- Prepare ED’s monthly credit card statement for board approval.
- Maintain vendor and banking files.
- Other business related duties as assigned.
Direct Client Service Support
- Generate client grant reports (monthly, quarterly, yearly as required).
- Maintain and understand the client database.
- Assist Senior Director of Client Programming with organizational tasks for direct client services.
- Assist Direct Client Services staff with paperwork related to client intakes and statistics collection, as appropriate.
- Understand and support, as needed, the systems and processes that guide client support and access to services.
- Schedule clients and support callers who contact the business office as needed.
- Maintain systems for volunteers in periodic absence of Helpline Services & Volunteer Coordinator.
- Liaise for the Direct Client Services department, as appropriate.
- Other Direct Client Services related duties as assigned.
Executive Director Support
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director including but not limited to Board meeting preparation, communication, scheduling and clerical/administrative assistance.
Fund Development Support
- In the periodic absence of a Development Assistant, process all donor recognitions including timely thank you letters and donor database maintenance.
- Assist with coordination of Java Jive and assist with other agency fundraising events as needed.
- Experience providing administrative support to management.
- Experience appropriately handling sensitive and confidential information.
- General clerical skills including typing, filing, proof-reading, multi-line phone experience, reception.
- Ability to learn new software and programs as acquired and implemented.
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to change between tasks quickly and the ability to work with frequent disruption.
- Ability to provide basic IT support.
- Access to reliable private transportation with appropriate license and insurance.
- Satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
- Successful completion of RCC Helpline training.
These physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment with minimal exposure to injury.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Ongoing daily use of computers and telephone.
- Walk, sit, stand, bend, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk, hear, read, count, and write.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Must be able to work with frequent interruption.
- Low to moderate noise level.
- Travel as needed to perform the duties of the job.
To apply, e-mail a detailed cover letter, along with your resume, and three professional references to Erin Thornley Parisi, Executive Director, at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
RCC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and highly encourage racial minorities, women, other minorities, bilingual candidates and individuals with disabilities to apply.